Sunday, January 23, 2011

Veggie Restaurants!!!

In the past week I went to two vegetarian restaurants!!  I wish I brought my camera and took pictures. 


The "BIL" is away on military duty so he treated his lovely wife and I to dinner.  My "SIL," Liz, is such a beautiful person and we always have a blasty together.  The two of them just found out the little peanut-fetus inside is a female peanut-fetus.  I put quotes around the in-law label because don't you have to be married to officially have in laws?  It is so much easier to say in laws rather than, my boyfriends brothers wife sista motha fatha.  PLUS I'm crazy in love with my love and getting married is way too in style for us right now. 


Liz and I went to the Garden Grille and I got my stand by Eggplant Rollatini that is stuffed with herbed tofu-nut cheese.  Delish.  I also had a glass of vino.  Liz got the lasagna special with multiple side salads.  I ran late so she got a salad to appetize herself, then decided to order the lasagna that came with a salad.  Then the server mistakenly thought she ordered another salad.  I ended up eating one of them.  Between the two of us we probably cleared out a garden.  This restaurant has fantastic lunches as well as dinners.  All their desserts are vegan too.  I typically get a juice while I am here but the server inside me felt bad.  Making juice is a pain in the you know what and it was busy.  So I stuck with the lemon water and vino.  The atmosphere is just amazing in this place! 


My sister Katie and I were going to go to the Garden Grille, but plans changed a bit and we decided to meet up in Boston after I got out of work.  The restaurant didn't open until 5, so we got coffee at Mr. Crepe in Davis Square.  This cute place does not have a website.  I loved the high ceilings and the color scheme of the place.  It made me really want to move into a loft with exposed pipes and a ceiling that's half tiled and half industrial.  Really unique.  Katie got a double americano sweetened with vanilla and I got a soy latte.  She is so city.  I love her.


Starving, we wandered down the road hopping puddles of melted snow, wicked gross btw.  We reached our destination of The Pulse Cafe.  This restaurant is completely vegan!  I've been here once before they changed their menu.  Now their menu is more diner style and the food snob in me was initially skeptical until I fell in love with the description of one sandwich.  Apple Melt: Grilled Cheese with Twist: Sliced Granny Smith Apples, Brown Sugar Caramelized Onions, Cheddar Mozzarella Blend and Dijon on choice of White, or Whole Wheat.  I decided to nix the dijon just cause I'm not a huge mustard fan and had the sandy on wheat with a side of fries.  SO GOOD.  Diner style typically means to me greasy and unhealthy but this sandwich was anything but.  The only oil seemed to be from the Daiya Cheese, which is my fave vegan cheese, and it was just amazing.  I almost went back there yesterday after my doctors appt in the city, but I was just so wiped from my day I couldn't dodge snow banks and walk around in the freezing cold.  I need to go back and try their butternut squash mac and cheese.  They use a cashew cheese sauce, I wonder if it is similar to mine.

I'm so hungry right now after writing this post.  I promise next time I'll bring my camera and take pictures so you can see the deliciousness!

Talk amongst yourselves...

What restaurants are you totally digging right now?  Or are you  more craving a type of cuisine?

2 comments:

  1. YAY!

    I don't know if you remember, but for your last birthday we all really wanted to take you out to pulse, but it never worked out for some reason. Maybe you were way too busy?

    In any case, I would love us all to frequent some veggie restaurants with you in the near future-- what do you think?

    That sammy made my mouth water, and I just about got off the couch to try and figure out how to make my own brown sugar carmelized onions. I may yet.

    Missing you and loving your voice--especially how much I'm hearing it here in cyberspace! Thanks for the update,

    love,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday always falls around exams so who knows. Both these restaurants are amazing and we should totally go. And go soon! I'm hungry.

    I should be available most Friday nights this semester. As long as I'm in bed by ten. Dinner dates and wine tastings!!

    And I will be recreating this sandwich fast.

    Thank you always for your kind words. Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete