Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm terrible at blogging.

Well the vegetarian challenge is over and although I haven't talked to everyone myself, if people aren't sticking with the vegetarian diet they definitely will no longer rely on meat as their food staple. My sisters are sticking to it, which is great to have the family support. I remember when I first made the switch, they found me weird and just didn't get it. They'd get embarrassed and express how I shouldn't make a big deal about how my pasta ended up with a meatball on top or I took a bite of spinach that was sauteed in chicken broth. We are all waitresses, so we know what the server is then having to go through if a customer complains, even if it is the most polite complaint. But now I not only have my sisters' support, I have my Love's support and his family's.

School has started up again and this semester seems much more manageable even though my workload my have increased. On top of my text books, I'm reading a lot. I'm reading a lot about the food industry and I have my Sookie Stackhouse books to let me escape. One of the veg friendly books I'm reading is "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer. I like how it isn't a "how to" book (I've read plenty of those) but more a book, a story of one's journey. The material is presented in a way that you feel like you are discovering it for the first time with the author. I recommend it for veteran vegans and those who've never thought about vegetarianism, never mind veganism, but are interested in their food.

Now I'm off to the library for some not so fun reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment