Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cookie Dough Monster

IMG_6027
When ever I make chocolate chip cookies I eat a lot of the dough and I think of two stories about my little sister and her early adventures in cookie baking.

One of her first times reading a recipe on her own she misinterpreted a little something.  Contrary to her belief, 2 1/4 cups of flour meant 2 cups plus 1/4 of a cup of flour.  She scooped the 1/4 cup into the flour twice to add to her dough.  When in the oven, everything seemed to melt and the dough just souped all over the baking sheet.  We helped her retrace her steps to find the issue.

The other time was when she turned off the oven and she decided to let the cookies “rest” a bit.  Then when she felt the cookies were done with their nap, they were burnt to a crisp.

Someone has been after me for a while to bake him some cookies for quite some time.  I stopped procrastinating and did so. 

I’d give out the recipe but I think I’d be crossing some copyright boundaries or whateves.  I use the recipe on the back of the semi-sweet chocolate chips and veganize it.  The chips I’ve always used are vegan to begin with, bonus!  Instead of butter, I use earth balance.  Instead of 2 eggs, I use 2 flax eggs.  I didn’t use as much flax meal this time as I think it tends to make the cookie a tad greasier.  You’d never know they pack extra fiber and omega-3s!

IMG_6032

No comments:

Post a Comment