Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Challenge?

Oh those.

So February, I attempted a salad a day challenge.  I succeeded for a little over a week and had unique salads - not just your lettuce, carrots, toms, cukes, and house dressing.  I was ready to continue on when I got some advice from my massage therapist, who is well versed in Chinese medicine.  "No more salad.  Your small intestine cannot handle it."  I didn't even tell her I was vegetarian/vegan, never mind any mention of my salad challenge!  Oh and I have IBD.  She was right.  I was actually uncomfortable in the belly.  She was scarily right about so many things by just reading my meridian lines.  And now she moved and I won't be able to see her again.  I only get to spoil myself with such trips to massage therapists around Christmas & my birthday cause I beg for gift certificates, but now I DON'T KNOW WHO TO SEE!  Basically I was receiving an acupressure treatment.  I really think there is so much behind eastern medicine.

Well this was about challenges initially.  Now it has become about my needs.  But I guess these challenges are for my needs too. 

MARCH, I was thinking I could make this some sort of Motivational March 30 day challenge.  It will go into April, as there are not 46 days in March.  I am a better person when I workout and school really turned the fitness portion of my life upside down.  I found BodyRock.TV through other healthy living blogs and initially I was scared.  But I'm a tough broad so I've been doing some of these home workouts, and now I'm going to challenge myself to do them 5 days a week, for 30 days. 

Other fitness thingys and goals?  Yoga - I've dropped the ball.  But that actually worked out to my advantage.  I'll tell ya why some other day.  I've been logging miles, but I haven't updated on the side there.  I'm going to run outside tomorrow for the first time this year!!! So excited.

Sorry this is boring but I'll leave you with a sexy Zuzana video.  This workout kicked my butt.  I couldn't finish it the first time I tried it, but today = success!

No comments:

Post a Comment