Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Highlights!


While living in 2010, it always seemed like a year I just had to get through in order to reach 2011 – my last year as a born again undergrad. Side note: I'm working towards a second bachelor's degree. As much as I always attempted focusing on the present, I often would be daydreaming and spouting off, "I can't wait until ________!" Even though I wished time away and often felt like I did not have any spare time, the year was full of great highlights.
  • BABIES! Many of my friends got knocked up this year. Part of me wishes I could go through all the firsts with some of them and watch our kids play together yada yada yada, but obviously it is not our time. What is it about being 28 and the constant tugging on the uterus? Some of my friends are patiently waiting for their due date still as they wonder if that last kick broke their ribs, but most gave birth this year. Shout out especially to little Zoё and Lucas! In addition to friends giving birth, I completed my maternity rotation. I mostly worked with postpartum women, which is very routine, but on my last day I worked closely with a midwife and a L&D nurse to assist in a delivery! Couldn't of ended the semester better.
  • WEDDINGS! My love is one of 7 in his family. With one sibling already married, the other 5 got engaged all within a year. We attended two beautiful weddings this year.



     
  • VACATION! We got away to the condo in Loon and had so much fun. Our short week consisted of hiking, biking, kayaking, horseback riding, ziplining, swimming, caving, and I think our favorite was beginning a day with a quiet breakfast on top of Loon. Here are some picture highlights!












     
  • DREAM JOB! Well not quite the actual dream job yet, but the foot is in the door and I am in the building. I won't be talking about my job much on here for privacy purposes but just know I love my job and I'm very excited to build my roots and flourish.
  • FRIENDS! I'm so thankful I still have friends. Every semester I fall even more off the face of the earth. Even though Daddy still allows me to live under his roof, not without frequent questioning of "when the hell are you planning on moving out?" I still have plenty of bills to pay which leads to school, studying, work, lots of coffee, and naps. I'm also thoroughly enjoying the new friends I've made in school and through clinical. Maybe we mostly bond over misery, but most importantly we are all thrown into similar emotional situations. Some of these situations are scary because it is our first time while others are emotionally heavy for our patients and their families. We have to be the backbone in these situations, but when we reflect on our days with each other, no one understands it better than the person standing right next to you.
2011 is loaded with adventures already including more weddings and babies! Even two vacation weddings – one to Bermuda and the other will be a quickie in NYC. Oh how I miss you NYC, you dirty beast!

4 comments:

  1. gah! how dare you talk about bermuda when u totally know i can't go. ;)
    maybe we can have GF adventures this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - i'm glad you are blogging some more! i misses it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA! An Emmy Blog update! I am soooooo happy to see it! What a great recap\update.

    I love you to pieces and am so proud of all you are managing to do!

    It as great seeing you at Christmastime, and I look forward to another visit SOOOOOOOOON!!

    I'm rooting for you and thinking of you all the time Emmy!

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support girlies! I'm going to try to blog more I promise! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete