Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ohm? An update?

Although I haven't been keeping a log, which maybe I should for the next 30 day challenge, I'm about half way through my meditation a day thinga-ma-whootsy.  It has been a challenge.  I have yet to make time in the AM for myself or a mid day re-charge, the schedule doesn't quite allow.  I wonder if I could find somewhere to hide during my lunch on those 12 hour days...

Anywho I thought I'd share with you some challenges I've run into as well as so benefits...

Challenge numero uno:  Anxiety.  Sometimes, if I'm not able to initially focus on my goal of meditation or truly exhale it all away and just listen, I get worked up.  This could be a number of factors including MYSELF and my ENVIRONMENT.  Lesson to  be learned, don't force it if your heart isn't into it or if you are not physically in the right place.  It has proven to be more harmful than good.  I'm sure we all could apply this lesson in more situations than meditating.

Benefit numero uno: Rest.  Since I typically do this before bed, I fall asleep easily and even though I still whimper when I hear the alarm in the morning, as soon as I am up I do feel more together.  I've been abstaining from my afternoon coffee on most days also. 

Challenge numero dos:  Voices. I mentioned I prefer guided imagery meditations, and I guess even just tranquil musical journeys, rather than pure silence.  With that said, if the voice guiding you is Sylvia Browne, how relaxing can that truly be?  I once did a "Find your Spirit Guide" meditation from her archives and in her rough and husky, even hasty, voice she said, "Now ask the person in the gazebo what their name is."  You know what I saw and heard?  A blonde lady who told me her name was Bob.  Maybe my subconcious thinks "Sylvia" should really be a "Bob."  For Christmas, my love gave me a CD/DVD/book reiki kit that included reiki music and a guided imagery CD from William Lee Rand.  I've been mostly practicing my meditation this time around with his guided CD.  His voice is adorable.  He just seems like such a gentle and loving man.  I also love, love, love Richard Lanza's hypnotherapy CD. He is an amazing person.  I've had the pleasure of being his student in both classes he offers through his yoga studios and his learning center.

Benefit numero dos:  Excitement.  I look forward to meditating.  I never know where I'm going to go, what I may encounter within myself, but I almost always truly enjoy the journey.  Especially after a yoga class.

I'm sure there are more, but I'll leave it at that.

Last night, my love and I decided to watch Eat, Pray, Love on demand over the well produced Lifetime movie The Craigslist Killer.  Maybe we made the wrong choice.  I read the book many many  moons ago and I was swept away in Elizabeth Gilbert's journey.  Maybe because I myself was on the road of "Who the f- am I? And what am I f-ing doing here?"  The movie cannot convey the journey as well as the book.  Maybe because the book is Liz's internal process and a movie would be visually boring if it was just her thoughts.  I think Julia did get some of Liz's struggles across, but not quite her growth and acceptance.  It was a hard role I'm sure.  Why do we always love the books more?  Is it because we invest more time in them?  We spend days with them rather than 2 hours?  One thing I can't complain about in the movie is the scenery.  I just want my own meditation hut in Bali.  And I want to smile with my liver.  Maybe that is my next meditation move... the smiling meditation... smiling from my liver.  My gallbladder might get jealous. 

2 comments:

  1. i'm reading eat pray love now. but i'm not even close to done. i just started in fact. maybe when i'm done we can have a book club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you liking it so far? Italy was hard for me to get through but then I couldn't put it down. I may need to re-read for some discussion!

    ReplyDelete