Thursday, January 27, 2011

Onion breath.

Before we get into my oral hygiene, Beth put together a special post for all you Cedar Falls V*s! 

I always think of Cedar Falls and the secrets of the town when I hear this song...



Back to morning breath, have I brushed my teeth yet? onion breath.  Ever since I had the sandwich I think I've made caramelized brown sugar onions every day.  How?

An unyun, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and a cast iron skillet.

Whisk together:
1 T of olive oil
1 T of brown sugar
A pinch of kosher salt

Pour the above concoction on your skillet and let it heat up on a low to medium heat.

Chop as much onion as you'd like while everything gets warm and ready. Mince, slice, whateves.

Combine all on the skillet and make magic!



The steam is getting in the way of a glorious picture, hence why I don't have a completely browned up onion shot. 

I've used the onions in sauce, zucchini cakes, and recreations of the sandwich.  Beth made her own sandwich too!




1 comment: